Vision: Achieve academic and research excellence through outstanding teaching programs, quality research, efficient administration and integrated horizontal and vertical teaching with other clinical disciplines
- To be an active partner in the institute’s effort to surmount in teaching and research and to impart a strong conceptual and relevant factual knowledge to undergraduate and postgraduate students perusing their carrier in anatomy.
- To create an intellectually vibrant environment within the department.
- To set up Skill Lab for the purpose of training & research.
- To impart Clinical Skills to the students by various innovative teaching-learning methods
Expansion planned for the future:
- Clinical Services: The department plans to conduct hands on workshops for different clinical branches. For the same, Body donation program is being framed. We are also planning to start a refreshment course in the subject for all the postgraduates of different clinical branches
- Academics and teaching: The educational efforts are directed towards undergraduate course in gross anatomy, microscopic anatomy, embryology and neuroanatomy. We plan to add innovative teaching learning methods for the better understanding of the subject. We propose to establish a well-equipped dissection hall, microscopy laboratory, museum and research laboratory.
- Research:The department plans to establish an electron microscopy laboratory, to develop various embalming techniques, especially to start soft embalming technique and research in relevant surgical anatomy as required and liked by clinicians for novel techniques.