Facilities and services provided
1. OPD AND Consultation services
2. Chemotherapy services
3. Pain and palliative services
4. Population based cancer registry
5. Psychological counselling for cancer patients and relatives
6. Minor therapeutic procedures
7. Breast screening for early detection of cancer
8. Cervical cancer screening (Pap smear, Visual inspection with acetic acid and Lugol’s iodine)
9. Shortly starting with cervical biopsy
The Institute is coming up with the state of art department of radiation oncology, construction of which is nearing completion.
It will be a state of art centre which will be equipped with high energy linear accelerator capable of performing high end radiotherapy techniques like IMRT, IGRT, Adaptive radiotherapy, SRS & SBRT
The centre will also have Brachytherapy unit to treat malignancies like cancer cervix, prostate cancer, anal canal cancer along with head and neck and breast cancers etc
This will be first modern radiation oncology centre of its kind in the Malwa belt which is notorious for being the cancer belt of India. The catchment area would include entire Malwa region along with adjoining states like Haryana, Rajasthan and Himachal Pradesh.
The department will focus on providing quality treatment using cutting edge technology and comprehensive cancer care in conjugation with medical & surgical oncology units.
It will have a special focus on teaching, training and research in the field of oncology to provide answers relevant to this region and our country, in general.