Department of Orthopaedics
- Vision: Centre par excellence, in teaching, research and patient care delivery.
- Mission statement:
- provide the highest quality patient care to all people through innovation, latest research and training
- competency based training of the next generation of surgical health care professionals and scientists
- leadership role in orthopaedic teaching and research at both regional and national level:
Services Available in the department:
The department of orthopaedics treats all the musculoskeletal conditions. It deals with conditions like osteoarthritis, low backache, neck pain, congenital disorders and fractures.
- We are currently offering telemedicine consultation services on daily basis.
- The department of orthopedics is offering diagnostic and therapeutic intra/extra articular injections to treat various musculoskeletal disorders like Tennis elbow, plantar fasciitis and others.
- Plaster application services are being given for treating fractures and soft tissue injuries.
In addition to general Orthopaedics, the department plans to expand its services in the field of joint replacement, sports medicine, hand surgery, musculoskeletal oncology, pediatric orthopaedics, spine surgery and treatment of complex trauma. The department plans to introduce recent innovations in orthopaedic surgery such as robotic and navigation surgery in near future. The bone bank facility in not available in this region and the department is contemplating to start facilities where both live donor bone and cadaveric bone can be are preserved and used as and when required.
The department aims to achieve eexcellence in patient care, research, and education. Presently, regular academic presentations are carried out in the department among all the faculty members. The department plans to introduce new methodologies in the undergraduate teaching. It is planning to start with various academic activities like journal club, case presentations, interdepartmental meets.
Health care services improve through the research. The department plans to start various research projects through intramural and extramural funding with the help of agencies like Indian Council for Medical Research. There are various research projects going on in collaboration with other medical research institutes across the country. We aim to achieve good outcomes in patient care with our future and ongoing research projects.