The department of Anaesthesiology, Critical Care and Pain Medicine, AIIMS Bathinda is a state-of-the art center with:
To be a center par excellence in academics, research and practice in the field of Anaesthesiology, Critical Care and Pain Medicine.
The mission of the Department of Anaesthesiology, Critical Care and Pain, AIIMS Bathinda is -
Excellence in Medical Training:
- To provide the best academic environment and to train the next generation of anaesthesiologists, intensivists and pain medicine specialists to address current and emerging challenges in anaesthesia critical care and pain.
- To train medical and paramedical staff and students in basic life support skills.
- To promote continuing education in the field of Anaesthesiology, critical care and pain by organizing CME’s, conferences and workshops.
Excellence in Clinical Care:
- To provide evidence-based peri-operative services to patients undergoing Surgeries (General Surgery, ENT, Ophthalmology, Paediatric Surgery, OBG, Neurosurgery, Cardiac Surgery) at AIIMS Bathinda
- To provide state-of-the-art evidence-based multi-modal pain management services to patients suffering from Acute, chronic non-cancer and caner pain.
Excellence in Research:
To promote translational and implementational research in anaesthesia, critical care, and pain medicine to advance patient care.
• Pre-anaesthetic Check-up Clinic: Monday to Saturday
• Pain Clinic: Monday to Saturday
Image Guided diagnostic pain blocks (like diagnostic selective nerve root block or median branch block) in patients suffering from chronic non-cancer pain to determine if the pain is actually coming from a particular nerve or joint.
Investigation timings/ Location in hospital:
Monday to Friday: 9 AM to 5 PM
Saturday: 9 AM to 1 PM
Location: Operation theatre complex, First Floor, D Block, OPD Complex, AIIMS Bathinda
Major Equipment available:
1. State of the Art Anaesthesia Workstations with multimodal monitoring including advanced hemodynamic monitoring, depth of anesthesia monitoring and neuromuscular monitoring.
2. Fiberoptic bronchoscope with adult and pediatric scopes.
3. Rapid point 500 ABG Machine
4. High end ICU Ventilators with advanced ventilatory modes
5. High flow nasal oxygen machines
6. High end ICU monitors