The department of Burns & Plastic Surgery at the All-India Institute of Medical Sciences Bathinda Punjab was established in July 2021 with the joining of Dr. M. Altaf Mir as Associate Professor on 27th of July 2021. Then Dr. Rajesh K Maurya joined as Assistant Professor on 2nd of August 2021.
The futuristic plan of department is to start further Plastic surgery subspeciality clinics, to establish Plastic Surgery Skill Lab, to start M Ch course in Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, PhD and PDCC in plastic surgery subspecialities.
To provide State of Art Aesthetic, Burns & Plastic Surgery Services.
Promoting Aesthetic, Burns & Plastic Surgery research.
To Provide Highest Quality Aesthetic, Burns & Plastic Surgery Training to students & Technical Staff.
To Provide Best and up-to-date knowledge-based practices for achieving best possible patient outcomes.
Dedicated patient care to the poor & needy
To become the highest-level Aesthetic, Burns & Plastic Surgery (Clinical & Research Oriented) Services provider in northern in India.
Clinical Services – The department of Burns & Plastic Surgery provides following clinical services
• Oncoplastic Reconstruction
• Microvascular surgical Reconstruction
• Treatment of congenital, infective, post radiation & post-surgical lymphedema
• Reconstruction of Nerve injuries including Brachial Plexus injuries
• Maxillofacial surgery
• Aesthetic/ Cosmetic surgery including Breast Surgery, Liposuction, Fat grafting, abdominoplasty, face lift etc.
• Treatment of Congenital deformities
• Treatment of Cleft lip and palate deformities
• Treatment of Vascular anomalies
• Reconstruction of Hand injuries
• Post-Burn Reconstruction and Rehabilitation
• Post-Traumatic Reconstruction
• Miscellaneous plastic & reconstructive surgeries