The Department of General Medicine was started with establishment of AIIMS Bathinda by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare Govt. of India on December 2019. As Department of General Medicine is backbone of any hospital, our department has been one of the key departments among all clinical specialties.
The department works with a vision of serving the patients with multitude of medical ailments. Faculty members have been working tirelessly to provide the most dedicated patient care, academic and research work, thereby contributing in making the institute center of excellence in all respect.
Clinical Services –
- OUTPATIENT SERVICE: Medicine OPD had been one of the busiest OPDs of our institute catering to all sorts of patients from in and around Bathinda. Thoroughly examined the patients, elicited medical history data, devised the treatment plans, and implemented therapeutic regimens to administer high level of care to these patients.
- TELEMEDICINE CONSULTATION: Patients were given telemedicine consultation due to covid era. Patients were provided best high level of care and treatment at home itself through active listening and open-ended questioning in this covid era.
- E-Sanjeevani: e-sanjeevani services- SAFE HOME OPD National Teleconsultation services were provided to the patients in the covid era to reduce their hospital visits so that they can be safe at home.
- FLU CLINIC: At the beginning of the covid period duties were performed in the flu clinic to provide services to symptomatic cases of fever and as well as other positive patients.
- IN PATIENT SERVICE: COVID Ward had been successfully set up in 2020 with admission of COVID patients. Clinical duties in the COVID ward were performed followed along with the entire management of the COVID patients since the beginning of the ward.
- COVID VACCINATION CENTRE (AEFI): Identification of eligible beneficiaries and motivation for covid vaccination to all the patients was done. Beneficiaries were managed for any adverse events after vaccination.
- Fibro scan and liver clinic
- Diabetes clinic
- Hypertension clinic
- Rheumatology clinic
Diagnostic services – ECG & 2D-ECHO
Courses offered – Training of MBBS and BSc Nursing students
Major Equipment available – ECG, ECHO, Defibrillator, Pulse Oximeter, Cardiac Monitor.